The 20th European Congress of Toxicologic Pathology will be held in Basel, Switzerland, and will take place from 26th - 29th of September 2023.
The 2023 Congress will focus on a very interesting and important hot topic for the pharmaceutical and chemical industries with regard to the safety of their new/future products, namely the safety assessment of emerging therapeutics. The title of the Congress is “Emerging Therapeutic Modalities: Gene and Cell Therapies, New Generation Biologics and Targeted Protein Degraders.” The program will be of interest to toxicologic pathologists and preclinical safety scientists. Topics on new methods/technologies in view of these new modalities will also be part of the scientific program. There will be plenary lectures, oral presentations of original scientific work, interactive case presentations, a half-day IATP session, a poster session and of course plenty of opportunity for interactions both formally and informally with colleagues and friends.
The European Society of Toxicologic Pathology (ESTP) was established in October 2002 by a transition of the "Gesellschaft für Toxikologische Pathologie" (GTP). The former GTP members felt that it was important to adapt to future challenges and form a strong Europe oriented international society. The modification of the constitution to found the ESTP was accepted by a high majority (about 90%) of the members present at the annual meeting in Giessen.
The goals of our European Society of Toxicologic Pathology (ESTP) are:
• to organize scientifically attractive annual meetings
• to obtain more visibility by authorities/agencies,
• to actively promote toxicologic pathology,
• to contribute to guidelines by comments and proposals,
• to participate in scientific working groups (e.g. historical tumor control data),
• to offer training courses in toxicological pathology and related fields,
• and at last but not least to collaborate intensively with the other Societies of Toxicological Pathology.
For more information visit the ESTP website: www.eurotoxpath.org